Armed with her degree and ready to face the world; CJay has had employment opportunities in the Non-Profit, Medical, Entrepreneurial and Retail arenas. In March of 2008, after receiving her Coaching Certification from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching, she left a 12 year Human Resources position to pursue a life-long dream to own her own business. She currently is the creative force for Different by Design Empowerment Coaching.
Her business has a simple yet profound basis; all people are different, yet the same, and possess different God given gifts and talents that once recognized can uplift and enrich their lives and the lives of others in ways they may have never thought possible.
Witty, Charming, Intellectual, Energetic, just a few words one could use to describe the many facets of CJay Smith. As Speaker Extraordinaire, CJay uses visualization and humor to deliver refreshing real life every day situational conversations designed to inspire, uplift, and educate. Conversations designed for young adults through the senior years.
CJay has had training/certification with the following:
- (iPEC) Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching Chicago, Ill., where she currently serves as Colorado Coach Community Coordinator
- V- Team Leadership Network of America Chattanooga, TN
- Strong African American Families sponsored by Colorado Senate Bill 94
- WAIT Training (Why Am I Tempted) sponsored by Healthy Marriage Initiative
- Aurora Public Schools Division of Equity and Engagement
CJay does volunteer work with Special Olympics, American Diabetes Association, Greater Denver CARES, Charitys House Ministries, Womens Bean Project, AARP and others.